About B.Tech. Program
Institution offers 4-Year B.Tech. (UG) program in 11 branches. The curriculum for all these branches is designed to enable the students to have competence for a gainful placement, progression to higher education or entrepreneurship. The structure of the curriculum in all these branches of engineering follows the pattern of ‘Choice Based Credit System (CBCS)’ and ‘Credit Based Semester System (CBSS)’ as suggested by UGC and Curriculum / Course Structure as suggested by AICTE with courses offered under (a) professional core, (b) professional electives, (c) Inter-disciplinary electives, (d) open electives, (e) Socially Relevant Projects, (f) Internship, (g) Project Work, (h) Mandatory Courses, (i) Audit Courses, (j) Engineering Sciences, (k) Basic Sciences, (l) Humanities and Social Sciences. The curriculum of all the programs are designed with the concepts of experiential learning through ‘project based learning’ and therefore has embedded laboratory component and project work wherever deemed necessary. The other important highlights of the B.Tech. program being offered are
- student can go on break of study for a maximum period of two years either as two breaks of one year each or a single break of two years for start-up (or) incubation of an idea, National/International Internships, and professional Volunteering.
- Student can acquire Minor degree, in addition to B.Tech. degree, in a specialization of his/her own interest other than the parent specialization. This is to provide additional learning opportunities for academically motivated students and it is an optional feature of the B.Tech Program.
- Student can acquire honors, in addition to B.Tech. degree, in a specialized area of his/her own discipline. This is to provide additional learning opportunities for academically motivated students and it is an optional feature of the B.Tech Program.
- B.Tech – Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Tech – Computer Science and Engineering (Artificial Intelligence)
- B.Tech – Computer Science and Engineering (Data Science)
- B.Tech – Computer Science and Systems Engineering
- B.Tech – Computer Science and Business Systems
- B.Tech – Information Technology
- B.Tech – Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech – Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech – Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- B.Tech – Civil Engineering
- B.Tech – Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Computer Science and Systems Engineering (CSSE)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (EIE)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Basic Sciences and Humanities (BS&H)
Eligibility: The minimum qualification for admission into the B.Tech progrmme is a pass in the 10+2 system of education with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as mandatory subjects in Intermediate conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh or any other examination recognized by the affiliating university and Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education.
Admission Procedure: Admissions will be made into the first year of four year B.Tech. Degree Program as per the stipulations of APSCHE, Government of Andhra Pradesh:
- By the Convener, EAMCET (for Category-A Seats).
- By the Management (for Category-B Seats).
- By the Management (for 15% Supernumerary Quota) for Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries / Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
Besides this, a candidate seeking admission into the Second Year of four year B.Tech. Degree Program (Lateral Entry) should have:
- Passed Diploma in Engineering in the relevant branch conducted by the Board of Technical Education, Andhra Pradesh (or equivalent Diploma or B.Sc. recognized by JNTUA, Ananthapuramu).
- Candidates qualified in ECET and admitted by the Convener, ECET. In all such cases for admission, when needed, permissions from the statutory bodies are to be obtained.
Prospective Indian Nationals can submit their interest and seek clarifications here. Indian Student Admissions
15% seats of the intake in the respective B.Tech program are for PIO / Foreign nationals under Supernumerary Quota.
- Candidates should have completed 12 years of schooling (10+2 years equivalent to Indian Education system).
- English should have been studied as one of the courses in the higher secondary level.
- Minimum of 50% marks is mandatory in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in standard XII or its equivalent. However, for candidates from Nepal, Bhutan minimum of 50% aggregate (usually it is “C” grade) is mandatory in the above subjects for Class 11 and Class 12 put-together.
- Candidate must have a Valid Passport and National ID. However, National ID is sufficient for the candidates from Nepal and Bhutan.
Admission Procedure: Admissions will be made into the first year of four year B.Tech. Degree Program as per the stipulations of APSCHE, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Prospective students have to submit their interest here International Student Admissions. Provisional Admission Letter (PAL) will be issued on the student name after scrutiny of the candidate’s eligibility.
Admissions shall be made into the first year of four year B.Tech. Degree Program as per the stipulations of APSCHE, Government of Andhra Pradesh:
(a) By the Convener, EAMCET (for Category-A Seats).
(b) By the Management (for Category-B Seats).
(c) By the Management (for 15% Supernumerary Quota) for Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Foreign Nationals (FN)/ Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
SVEC believes in extending full support to deserving students who work really hard to accomplish their goals. The college offers scholarships for the deserving merit students who cannot afford to pay the fee. Students belong to the reservation category – BC, SC and ST are given concessions.
TUITION FEE REIMBURSEMENT FROM WELFARE DEPARTMENTS
Tuition fee is claimed from the Welfare Departments of Government of Andhra Pradesh for the students who are eligible for reimbursement.
FINANCIAL SUPPORT BY SVET
Dr. M. Mohan Babu, Hon’ble Chairman of Sree Vidyanikethan Educational Trust provides financial support to the poor and deserving students.